I have been trying to experiment will salads for a while now. Really, there are endless possibilities when it comes to what you can pair with greens. Today’s choice was cherry tomatoes and carrots. The greens I used were a spring mix of lettuce and spinach.
After my green smoothie today, I had a craving (yes, I said craving) for salad. Now, the ingredients for the salad aren’t crazy or ambitious by any means. They are the basics to any salad, tomatoes and carrots (along with greens of course). But what really sets this salad apart from all the rest is the dressing.
I haven’t found a name for it, and I’m sure I am not the first one to do a salad dressing like this but here’s the recipe.
- 1 tbsp of raspberry balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely chopped (or minced)
- Stir together until well-combined.
- Add to any salad. Depending on how large your salad is, you may need to half, double, or triple this recipe.