Need a dessert for a summer barbecue? How about just a weekend treat for the kids/spouse? Look no further than this. right. here.
This is what I like to call brownie pizza. For the crust, you have thin brownies (of course), the “sauce” is vegan cream cheese and the toppings are berries. The recipe is incredibly simple. Six ingredients if you count all three berries individually.
- 1 milk-free boxed brownie mix (fairly common)
- 1 12-oz can of regular coca-cola
- 1 package of Tofutti cream cheese
- Strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- Pour soda in a large bowl, followed by brownie mix.
- Stir to combine and make sure there are very few lumps present.
- Pour batter (it will be thin) into a 12-inch lipped pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (depending on oven). You will most likely have extra batter that you can make a regular batch of brownies with.
- Pour the rest of the batter into an 8x8 or smaller pan and bake for about 14-16 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the crust cools (it needs to cool completely), whip the cream cheese in a food processor or with a hand mixer until smooth. You can add sugar to it if you'd like. But, I don't because I like the tartness of the cheese with the sweetness of the berries and brownie crust.
- Once the crust is cool, spread cream cheese on top in a thin layer.
- Decorate with berries and serve!