Yesterday I shared my homemade fajita seasoning recipe and today I’m sharing what I did with it!
I made fajita lettuce wraps.
I cooked down peppers and onions and added my seasoning mix to it. No oil, just added water to help cook them down faster.
After those were done I cooked my Beyond Meat strips with the same seasoning.
I added everything to a couple romaine lettuce leaves for a low-carb lunch option that’s easy to whip together now that all my cooking is done! Yay for meal prepping.
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 package of Beyond Meat strips (found at Whole Foods)
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- Add veggies to a large skillet heated to medium heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of Homemade Fajita Seasoning mix and about ⅓ cup water to start.
- Cook until water evaporates, add more if necessary to continue cooking the veggies.
- Add beyond meat strips to the veggies or cook them separately using the same technique.
- Place 3 strips on each lettuce leaf and a scoop of veggies.
- Sprinkle with a little fresh lime juice and devour.